Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dress A Girl Around the World!

Today I wanted to share with you the absolute PEACE and JOY and YEARNING for more that I have burning within me!

About a month or so ago, I randomly saw a "friend of a friend" tagged in a photo of a pillowcase dress made for an organization called "Dress A Girl Around the World". As you know, there are many areas that have extreme poverty both in this country and all around the world. This organization has people that help them from lots of areas around the US. I was lucky enough to spot this one in NC! Lisa is my "go-to" for this area in NC! Here's a link to her fb page: Dress a Girl Around the World NC

Here is the link to the whole oganization: Dress a Girl Around the World NP Organization

I have made pillowcase dresses to sell for several years now for mine and my bestie's site Poppies Garden.
NOW we had a great opportunity to do some charity work! LOVE it! I quickly made about 5 dresses to send to Lisa who's brother was traveling to India on a mission trip and could deliver the dresses.  Here's a pic of the ones I made 



Lisa's brother stopped in an unexpected area of India b/c they had just had horrible devastation through a fire that tore through the town. There were lil naked kiddos running around! Here's what he said about the experience:

"Just distributed your dresses in a "village" in the slums in Gurgeon, India. This is a community built in the slums where the houses are made from plastic and bamboo. These people only have what they can collect. Our pastor partner wanted us to visit this village because this village recently experienced a fire and what little they had was burned down. Most of the children were only wearing rag underwear or were naked. We even dress a few naked boys that didn't care if they had a dress. These people were Hindu but allowed us to pray for them afterward. It was a real blessing!"

 Here are some pictures that Lisa's brother took while there. 

 The children waiting to be "dressed"
 One of my dresses getting ready to have a sweet kid for an owner!
 Perfect fit!

God is full of grace and wisdom isn't He?  Just when I had lost something very special, God gave me a purpose to dress some little girls in India and hopefully many more! Please let me know if you are ever interested in sewing or also donating supplies to make them! We could even have a sewing party to make bunches at a time! I am just full of humility and also so proud! Can you tell? ;)

No comments: